As COVID-19 continues to escalate, the safety and well-being of our colleagues, patients and sites remains utmost in our minds. Therefore, we ask that our clinical trial volunteers and participants observe the following COVID-19 precautions and inform us in advance of any planned visits to the clinical unit.
Please make us aware in advance if you have travelled from any regions below:
- Hubei province in China in the last 14 days, even if you do not have symptoms
- Iran, lockdown areas in northern Italy or special care zones in South Korea since 19 February, even if you do not have symptoms
- Other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- Other parts of northern Italy (anywhere north of Pisa, Florence and Rimini), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Vietnam since 19 February and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if your symptoms are mild)
- Lockdown areas in northern Italy: in Lombardy: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorano
- in Veneto: Vo’ Euganeo
- Special care zones in South Korea: Daegu, Cheongdo
If you experience any of the following symptoms, please inform us in advance of any planned visits to the clinical unit.
- Difficulty Breathing
This guidance is based on the recommendations of the UK Chief Medical officers. These areas have been identified because of the volume of air travel from affected areas, understanding of other travel routes and number of reported cases.
For up to date information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public